What is My Home Worth?
Receive a custom evaluation for your home, including comparisons to other homes that have recently sold or are on the market. This guarantees you receive the most accurate information available. To find out what your home is worth, fill out the information below:
According to the Silicon Valley Association of Realtors, there are over 450 real estate agents who have offices in Los Altos. Given a plethora of options, why hire David Blockhus and LosAltosHomes.com to market and sell your home?
Simply put – My knowledge, expertise, advice, negotiating abilities and technological competency!
When I started my real estate career in 1993…information about homes was controlled by real estate agents. Flash forward to today…aside from a few pocket listings, every home for sale in Los Altos and our surrounding communities can be found on our Multiple Listing Service (MLS). As Realtors, we are no longer the keeper of the keys and because of this, the home selling process has changed.
Unfortunately most traditional agents haven’t change their approach to selling homes and continue to rely solely on the MLS to market their listings.
David Blockhus goes to where the buyers are, the internet. Using social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), listing syndication and search engine optimization, I maximize your home’s exposure to real home buyers.
Although my marketing focus is online, I continue to market properties through traditional means.
1. I provide up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
2. I use “For Sale” signage, e-mail campaigns, direct mail, public open houses, newspaper ad placement, and door knocking to promote/advertise your home.
3. I market your property directly to our real estate community. In Silicon Valley, more than 80% of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate agent other than myself will bring in the buyer. We market your property to other real estate agents through the MLS, personal contacts and broker tours. I likely won't sell the home, but I will be the reason it sells.
4. I know when, where and how to advertise your property. There is a misconception that advertising sells homes. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts. In addition, 87% of home buyers begin their search online. Today Realtors must excel at online engagement with home buyers.
5. I know that the purchase agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing — a lot of possible pitfalls. I write legally binding, win-win agreements that are more likely to make it through the process to a successful close of escrow.
6. I will successfully close the sale of your home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing (or settlement), questions and problems can arise. We resolve issues and move transactions to closing (or settlement). In over 20 years of assisting local home sellers, I have sold approximately 98% of all listings taken.
To find out more about selling your home, click here